Tuesday 19 July 2011

Father of All

I have a part time job in the local shopping centre
Tonight a little girl was in shopping with her Mummy
shopping for school stuff.
She was the cute as a button and as she was picking her school bag and lunch box she kept asking her Mummy will Daddy like this?
Will Daddy think this cool?

My Dad tells me often that when I was younger he would come home from work, we would play a little then he would sit down to have his dinner. He said he used to buy these pizzas and they were so good you can't get them anymore but they tasted amazing! So amazing that Dad refused to share, even with Mum but every time he had this pizza I would come prancing over and just stand at his side and he would cave and give me a bite so I would go away and eat my little bit of pizza then as soon as I was finished I would prance over once again to see if I could sneak some more...and every time I got a bit. You see although my Dad loved this pizza he could help but share it with me every time I would come along.

This just reminded me of my relationship with God, because he is a Father! The bible describes him as one and that is the relationship we have with him. It can be hard to understand but that is why we have our own earthy Fathers so we could see how this relationship works.

I know in my walk with God I want to please him, I wanted like the little girl for him to think I am cool. I want him to look at where I am serving and bless it and approve of it.
Just like my Dad I know that I can come to him and every time he will pour out his unceasing and all powerful love over me so that I can go out and tell others, love others and come back and do it all over again.

I'm still learning what it is like to know GOD not only as the King of the heavens but in the intimate relationship as father and child. .... I'm very excited about this part of my Adventure with God

"I and the Father are one" john 10:30




No comments:

Post a Comment