Thursday 4 August 2011

Gossip

Once again I have found myself stuck in the dramatic and unnecessary circle of gossip
It seems that we cant just let stuff go
or talk to people anymore
we no longer search for truth
but instead we believe the what ever anyone has to say to us that is bad or deconstructive

The thing that really upsets me about Gossip is that it is so common among church.
In olden days they used to paint pictures on the walls to remind church goers about everyday sin we find ourselves in
one of those picture were of two people leaned in listening and sharing gossip with the devil rested on their shoulder.
So this is obviously not a new thing that people would gossip
but after so many years you think that someone would pass on
through the generations about the effect it has on people.
Gossip hurts people and ruins their lives by turning people against them or ending friendships
but the sad thing is most of the time it is not true.

I was searching through my bible looking to see what God has to say on this
and there are so many verses abut gossiping and its effects
God has alot to say on this
But one I love is found in proverbs 26 vs 20

When you run out of wood, the fire goes out; 
When the gossip ends, the quarrel dies down.

I love this because it describes gossip as fuel to a fire
Fires are passionate but they destroy things
friendships....
families.....
& even church!

After another week of gossip that I somehow got thrown into
I'm ready to tell people how pointless it all is
Lets not forget to pray about these things
Lets not forget to come to God with everything in prayer especially gossip
Lets not forget to love each other I mean really love each other
&
Let us not forget to worship God instead of worshipping ourselves

Because when we look at him and spend time with him alll the big important things in life instead look quite small next to the almighty God

Praise God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment