Monday 13 June 2011

Unending Love

For I do not understand my own actions.

For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good.

So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh.

For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.

For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.

Romans 7 -15-19


I Find myself in Paul’s position so often
I want to do good But I end up doing bad
I want to serve God with ALL I have
But I end up giving him what is left at the end of the day.
I want to serve with a pure heart but my mind wonders.

I feel recently God has been holding a up a looking glass and letting me watch myself as I go about my daily routine. How I start with Good intentions but I let me sinful self lead the way.  How the devil shows me my idea of love and how it actually hurts people. I am so easily lead by my sinful nature and the devil loves it. he give me a thought (never a loving encouraging thought) and as soon I think it he turns to me and says

 “HEY! Your meant to be a Christian you Can’t think that”

“You’re so sinful how could God love YOOU” –
this statement is true I am so sinful
but
God is there too and he is shouting in the hope I will just stop and listen to him
"Because of my Son, You are covered your sin is Gone! I love yoou!"
(Which is just Amazing)

A Good friend of mine posted on her blog recently about God’s love and our sin and it has encouraged me so much. She says that if we view our relationship with God like a set of weighing scales, on one side we have our sin, on the other side we have God’s Love.



Now in our humanness we sin daily millions of times, whether it be with our actions thoughts or words. We also have our original sin, the sin that cut us off from God at the beginning with Adam and Eve . So on the sin side of the scale there is a lot of weight. So God comes along and places his weight on the scale and there is no comparison his is so much heavier. So even though we continue sinning but his love never change. It never moves it always heavier bigger and stronger than our sin.


Thankyou Lord for your Never Changing Love

1 comment: